I have had a very strange week. It's like there are two of me. Yes, there may be enough surface area/ matter to create two human beings - small ones that is. This past week there have been two emotional me's. I have been great on the outside. Got up, worked out, been chipper at work and in meetings. And I have truly felt chipper, not just putting on a front. I must have been dealing with subconscious things that were different. I say that because if there is one things I've learned in my life, it's that junk food makes me feel like I can handle tough emotional situations. That's one of the things that I am trying to change in my new lifestyle. However, this past week there has been this inside part of me that has an uncontrollable craving for junk food. I have a little something to satisfy the craving, then I have an uncontrollable crave for something else. Of course these cravings are for starches, sugar, and dairy. All the things that helps me stay overweight and zaps my energy. It has been non-stop this whole past week. I'm sure part of it is coming off my yeast detox improperly. I was supposed to slowly introduce things back into my diet and hold off a few weeks on the starches and sugars. Instead, I ate anything I wanted and then some at my birthday bash. Now the yeast cultures are happy to be multiplying in my system and they need more starch and sugar to do that. Now I have to do the whole flavorless food for three weeks again :( to kill them off again. This time, I will be smarter and slowly reintroduce things into my system.
I'm not sure what else is going on emotionally. We have all watched enought Oprah and Dr. Phil to know that chronic overweight is due partially to emotional wellbeing. This past week I have put back on all that I lost on the detox and I feel horrible. My clothes are tight - remember I got rid of all my 'fat' clothes so I wouldn't get back into them. My skin is broken out. I have low energy and I don't fell like being social. Am I depressed, not really. But there is something going on, I just don't know what.
I am forcing myself to workout and I hope I quickly process whatever is going on so I can start to make progress again soon.
What helps you in times like this?
Believe it or not working out is exactly what helps me overcome the emotional downturns. Problem is that when there is a downturn, I usually do not want to exercise.
ReplyDelete