Monday, October 29, 2012

Day One - The Valecia Project


Yesterday I embarked on what will probably be the most difficult journey of my life so far.  My name is Valecia, I’m a 38-year old Mormon woman, and I am overweight.  I have always been happy with the person I am but my weight has always been something holding me back from the most important goals in my life – meeting the man of my dreams and starting a family together.  Instead of making excuses and living the way I have I recently decided to do something to change my life and achieve my goals.  Starting now I have dedicated a year of my life to losing 100 pounds of fat, rediscovering my curvaceous body and getting my sexy back. 

Over the next year I will be video recording and blogging about my journey and calling it The Valecia Project. 

About The Valecia Project 

In prayerfully considering what I should do, I happened upon a deal that some friends and I made to do body composition testing at a weight loss clinic in Los Angeles, the ABS Club LA. The particular place we chose to do this is just a couple of blocks from my house and is a private gym that offers complete body shaping. After getting my initial test results, I saw on a pie chart that 52% of me is fat and WOW I have a LOT of muscle. My trainer and I discussed my lifestyle and eating habits and he assured me that losing 100 pounds fat in 1 year is not easy but possible!

I have teamed up with the beautiful and talented Erin Elton Schurtz, producer of Mormon Bachelor, and we are making my journey accessible to everyone. We hope to help strengthen my support network, increase my self-honesty (after all, it's hard to make excuses and give up if I have all my friends and family watching), track my physical/emotional/spiritual progress (oh crapola it's going to be hard to be this vulnerable), and possibly inspire other people, like me, who seek to change their lives.

Through The Valecia Project I hope to find a new me and in turn a wonderful man to join my new life’s journey. My pursuit of personal excellence will be a lifelong one but this particular journey will take one year.  I will be blogging and posting videos every day in an effort to keep myself on track, and encourage others to change for the better along with me.  Thank you for your support and advice as I become a better, healthier, sexier me!

5 comments:

  1. Juliet, Please do. I will count on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valecia!

    I'm proud of your courage to embark on this journey! It sounds like you have a large support team between trainers, family, and friends. And you're sure to gain a slew of new supporters as they watch your progress and become inspired by your story.

    I would like to match every pound of fat loss with $1 towards a gift certificate to my jewelry line {www.amydigregorio.com}. In addition, once your 100 pounds of fat loss has been met within the year's goal, I will double the gift certificate to $2 for every pound of fat loss.

    Wishing you so much strength and encouragement for a healthier life! I'm excited for you, and looking forward to following your success...

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I'm not sure what to say. Thank you, Amy. I do LOVE jewelry and am excited to see your line. Thank you for the extra encouragement and your support.

      Delete
  3. Hey Valecia! It's Jamee Shipp. I'm so excited for you! I did something like this a year ago and had a big facebook group supporting me. It was an amazing experience and so much help. I had friends give me weekly challenges with prizes offered and signed up for different athletic events like a 5k and finished off doing a half marathon. Keep it fun and mix it up with lots of different activities. You will do awesome! Good luck! I'm excited to follow your journey. I'll be working on it with you.

    ReplyDelete