Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 2 - ABS Club LA


I am so excited to tell you about my first session at ABS Club LA.  I met with the trainers and received my body composition analysis in which we discussed my weight loss goals and the things I need to do to reach them.  
Meal Planning:
I discovered that I can eat 1682 calories a day in order to lose 100 pounds in 1 year. Woo hoo! None of this 1000 calorie a day diet stuff - I don't think I could do that!  This has been broken down for me into percentages of protein, carbohydrates and fat.  They also have created specific menus for me and if there is something I don’t like, they have left it up to me to switch things out for what I do like.  Because I have not yet gone grocery shopping, I have been making sure I stick to clean eating and eating the proper amount of calories in the proper percentages.  Along with the proper eating, I also HAVE to drink more water.  A .5 (1/2) ounce of water for every pound I weight and I’m not allowed to count the water I drink during my workouts since that is replacing the water I am sweating out.  
Exercise:
I also committed to rigorous strength training once a week for the year.  This first month I am doing the training 3 times a week to learn all the proper exercises and techniques. And finally, I am committed to do 30 minutes of cardio 3 additional days a week. This cardio can be a walk, a swim, treadmill, elliptical, whatever I choose.
After the ‘logistics’ of the consultation, I was taken through a rigorous 30-minute strength training session.  The trainer worked my whole upper body: arms, back, chest, shoulders. The trainers and I were surprised at how strong some my muscles are.  After the rigorous strength training, I was very tired and could barely lift my arms.  Today I am feeling good with just a little soreness in the arm pit area.
I feel great so far and am very blessed to have you all supporting me.  Putting myself out there in such a public way yesterday really scared me to death but there have been so many comments from people that I don't even know encouraging me to succeed.  That kind of support will make all the difference as I embark on this journey.
Thank you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I can't believe all my fatness is out there for the world to see. I have always lied about my weight - most of us do. No more lies. everyone has seen the scale now. :P Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete