Hello again. Water. It's such a simple chemical compound. Covers the majority of the Earth. Makes up the majority of our body composition - in one way or another. Life is unsustainable without it. We know these things. We know that water is necessary for the human body to function. So why don't we over indulge in it? For most adults, if given the choice - no strings attached, we would always choose some other liquid to imbibe. Studies have shown that drinking water is great for your skin, complexion, joints and mobility, and weight management. As a makeup artist, I can attest to the first two. As someone that has been in multiple knee casts and arm slings, I can attest to the third. Now I can attest to the last as well. I had a doctor tell me several years ago that studies performed with older people have shown a slight weight loss and significant health improvement by changing one thing. They all drank - guzzled - water the first thing when they woke up. They drank as much water as they possibly could first thing in the morning. This alone created an average of a 10 pound weight loss in 6 months. My current doctor is always telling me to drink more water. The average adult should consume half their body weight in ounces (100 lb adult should drink 50 oz of water) per day. If you work out, the water drank during and directly after the workout does not count toward the daily consumption.
The trick is to not guzzle. If you guzzle, then your body just acts like a water pipe and it flows directly through your digestive system without doing any of the good stuff it can do. The best way to consume your daily water intake is to sip throughout the day. I had to set a clock for every 30 minutes and when it went off, I took 2-4 gulps of water.
I've noticed that even if I eat a chocolate truffle right before bed, it doesn't effect me if I've drank enough water throughout the day. By taking in little bits throughout, the water is able to help your body flush toxins, improve complexion, reverse some aging, and flush fat from stored fat cells.
As I said before, I gained 5 pounds celebrating my birthday. I quickly went back to eating clean and working out daily. The scale did not budge. I finally started drinking water throughout the day and enough of it and this morning the scale dropped 2 pounds from yesterday morning. Water! Glorious Water! It's hard to drink as much water as I have to with my weight but it's worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment